Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

I'm using ETL to make a transform. I can't see the "preview" dataset. How do I see it?

I'm using ETL to make a transform.

I run "preview" , but I can't see the "preview" dataset.

How do I see it? Perhaps its a browser/special kewy thing?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author user04539
‎05-10-2017 04:28 PM
Green Belt

Re: I'm using ETL to make a transform. I can't see the "preview" dataset. How do I see it?

After you run preview, you'll need to click into a specific transform to see the data preview at that level of the ETL. Let me know if you click into a specific transform step and you're still not seeing the preview view.

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

View solution in original post

All Replies
Green Belt

Re: I'm using ETL to make a transform. I can't see the "preview" dataset. How do I see it?

Hi There!

So you created an ETL, ran preview, but can't see any of the previewed datasets within the transforms? To clarify, you can't see the preview button at all in the transforms?

After you run preview, in the applicable transform, you should have a preview button that allows you to view a sample of the data at that point in the flow. If you're not seeing the button at all, this could be a bug or a browser issue. you could try clearing cache and cookies and restarting your browser, but if this doesn't fix it (if this is indeed your problem) I would recommend contacting Domo Support. 

Screenshot of how it should look after preview has been run:

ETL Preview.PNG

Visitor

After I run 'Preview', I'm unable to see the "preview dataset". See screengrab attached.

Any suggestions on how I can see it?

Solution
Accepted by topic author user04539
‎05-10-2017 04:28 PM
Green Belt

After you run preview, you'll need to click into a specific transform to see the data preview at that level of the ETL. Let me know if you click into a specific transform step and you're still not seeing the preview view.

Visitor

Fantastic .. thanks XervaMason !

Announcements
Customize your Dojo Handle! You can update your Dojo screen name by clicking on My Settings. click here! Thanks!