MAX or SUM With Group BY ID

Highlighted
Visitor

MAX or SUM With Group BY ID

I'm looking for a Beast Mode formula to create a MAX calculation by ID in my table.

My resulting column should look like column B below.

I already tried a formula with Distinct and MAX but while the formula was valid, my attempt still failed at producing desired results. 

Keep in mind that in my scenario, column A is a calculated field already, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

IDcolumn Acolumn B - max aggregate

Accepted Solutions
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: MAX or SUM With Group BY ID

What you want is an analytic function that evaluates the max of the ID window and adds a column with that value.

See: https://my.vertica.com/docs/7.1.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/SQLReferenceManual/Functions/Analytic/MAXAn...

Domo has done some work on beast mode window functions but they aren't currently available, unfortunately.  For now you'd have to bring that into a dataflow where you CAN perform window functions. 

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

All Replies
Red Belt
Red Belt

What you want is an analytic function that evaluates the max of the ID window and adds a column with that value.

See: https://my.vertica.com/docs/7.1.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/SQLReferenceManual/Functions/Analytic/MAXAn...

Domo has done some work on beast mode window functions but they aren't currently available, unfortunately.  For now you'd have to bring that into a dataflow where you CAN perform window functions. 

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Visitor

@AS

Thanks for providing this information. 
You are correct, I just got off the phone with DOMO support and they said the same thing Smiley Sad

For now I'll have to use the dataflow.

Best.

Announcements
New to Dojo Please update your Dojo handle and personal settings. Click here!