Name change (title change) of a beast mode, so it carries through to all cards?

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Name change (title change) of a beast mode, so it carries through to all cards?

I'm trying to clean up the many redundant beast modes that were previously built in our system, eliminate any duplicates, and create a consistent naming convention.

Is there a way to make a universal name (title) change of a beast mode, so it carries through to all cards?  Or do I need to go to each card and apply changes to the beast mode names one at a time?  (if so, I quit...)

Accepted Solutions
Yellow Belt

Re: Name change (title change) of a beast mode, so it carries through to all cards?

I figured out what I did wrong... Forgot to save the card after editing the titles.

Now when I save, it carries across all cards.  Thanks Godeipi for the reply.

Next, I have to track down all of the cards that are using the duplicate beast modes that have been created.  Fun times.  

Happy St Pats!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Black Belt

Re: Name change (title change) of a beast mode, so it carries through to all cards?

You should not have to go through all that work.

When a beastmode is created there is a check box that reads "Share Calculation on DataSet". That means that the beastmode is universal (everybody can see it and use it), so you can go into one card and modify it (either the name or the actual calculation), then save changes and save the card and the rest of cards where that beastmode is use, should pick up the changes.

Now, if there are beastmode not share through out the dataset , then thats a different story. they show up only on the card that was created.

in addition, if you want to Delete a beastmode "forever" and the beastmode is being currently used in multiple cards, then at the moment on clicking on "Deleted", a message will come up telling you that you cannot becasue others cards depend on it.  In that case you will have to remove the beastmode from each card where it is being used and then you will be able to Delete it completely. 

Hope that info helps you.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
Yellow Belt

I figured out what I did wrong... Forgot to save the card after editing the titles.

Now when I save, it carries across all cards.  Thanks Godeipi for the reply.

Next, I have to track down all of the cards that are using the duplicate beast modes that have been created.  Fun times.  

Happy St Pats!

View solution in original post

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!