Percent of Total on Table Chart

Yellow Belt

Percent of Total on Table Chart

Can someone give me some assistance in displaying the percentage of total for a column on a table chart? I have a table with a count of employees by gender and this works fine on a pie chart using %_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL however someone would like it in a table.

Thanks.

Red Belt

Re: Percent of Total on Table Chart

You'll need to edit your ETL process to add a column that provides the 'Total' for that metric and repeats it for each row. 

Example: 

Measure    Total

1                 10

4                 10

5                 10

Then at the card level you can do 

SUM(`Measure`) / MAX(`Total`) * 100

That will give the 'Percent of Total' you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Valiant

Red Belt

That being said.  I think that a cross table is a fairly common analytical tool that seems to be missing from Domo currently.  I think I'll add this as a feature request.  Cross Table Cardcross table.png

You can vote for the idea here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Cross-Table-Card/idi-p/35262#M6648

______________________________________________________________________________________________
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Hello, Valiant,

I did the % calculation as you suggested and got the %.  However, for my table card, if I only want to see top 10 rows and % calcualtion is based on the total of the top10.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Olivia

Announcements
Call for Presenters! We want to hear your Domo story, submit your entry and win a free pass to Domopalooza 2019!. Click here!