Percent of Total on Table Chart

Yellow Belt

Percent of Total on Table Chart

Can someone give me some assistance in displaying the percentage of total for a column on a table chart? I have a table with a count of employees by gender and this works fine on a pie chart using %_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL however someone would like it in a table.

Thanks.

Major Red Belt

Re: Percent of Total on Table Chart

You'll need to edit your ETL process to add a column that provides the 'Total' for that metric and repeats it for each row. 

Example: 

Measure    Total

1                 10

4                 10

5                 10

Then at the card level you can do 

SUM(`Measure`) / MAX(`Total`) * 100

That will give the 'Percent of Total' you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Valiant

Red Belt

That being said.  I think that a cross table is a fairly common analytical tool that seems to be missing from Domo currently.  I think I'll add this as a feature request.  Cross Table Cardcross table.png

You can vote for the idea here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Cross-Table-Card/idi-p/35262#M6648

______________________________________________________________________________________________
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Hello, Valiant,

I did the % calculation as you suggested and got the %.  However, for my table card, if I only want to see top 10 rows and % calcualtion is based on the total of the top10.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Olivia

Announcements
Win free lodging at Domopalooza! We want to hear your Domo story, enter our Dojo contest and win up to four nights lodging at Domopalooza. Click here!