Recursive Data Flow Renaming Output DataSet with "1" Rather than Input

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Recursive Data Flow Renaming Output DataSet with "1" Rather than Input

After running the ETL and Adding the Output as an Input, Existing Output is renamed rather than the Input.  Why is this occurring?  See attached.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Major Brown Belt

@user045611 

You can run it so the dataset will update the name (It's still the same dataset). After it's been run once you can then go back in and add the renamed dataset as your input and then change your output back to the correctly named version.

**Was this post helpful? Click the heart icon**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

View solution in original post

Highlighted
White Belt

I may be oversimplifying but I had the same issue when I was building a recursive. Finally realized that I had to break the link between the Input DataSet and the Output DataSet BEFORE I dragged over the other Input DataSet which I would load with the Recursive Data Flow.  It's worked perfectly since I started doing that.

Tags (1)

All Replies
Highlighted
Black Belt

Try removing the input dataset.  Save.  Reload.  Does the output dataset rename? (remember you can always revert to a previous version of an ETL).

Also, you can alter your dataflow definitions using the javaCLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUHYaICYD8&list=PLUy_qbtzH0S4eYAu13c-NMnyOuxJwspzh&index=1

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Learn how to use the #JavaCLI + #RecursiveDataflows to add new values to a #Webform. #automateWorkflows and manage #dataQuality in Domo Side note ... I avoid...
Highlighted
Major Brown Belt

@user045611 

You can run it so the dataset will update the name (It's still the same dataset). After it's been run once you can then go back in and add the renamed dataset as your input and then change your output back to the correctly named version.

**Was this post helpful? Click the heart icon**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Highlighted
White Belt

I may be oversimplifying but I had the same issue when I was building a recursive. Finally realized that I had to break the link between the Input DataSet and the Output DataSet BEFORE I dragged over the other Input DataSet which I would load with the Recursive Data Flow.  It's worked perfectly since I started doing that.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

I stumbled upon this same thing today.  Thanks for the input!

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

This also worked.  Thanks!

Announcements
Stand out in the Dojo: Choose your own recognizable username and add a unique profile photo in your profile settings.