Highlighted
Orange Belt
Accepted Solution

See all changes to all datasets

Is there a place where I can go and see all changes made to all dataflows chronologically?

We are very good about using the change log/version control however in some of our more complex flows there may be 4 or 5 etl steps where a change could have occured.  I'm imagining is something similar to (or part of) the activity log where we could filter the dataflows by some naming convention (to only get like datasets) and have a list (chronologically) of each change committed to any dataflow within that subset.  Right now you can see that a change was made but not the change notes.

Thanks,

- Austin, Major DOMO @ 42 North Rx

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author anafziger
‎02-08-2017 01:49 PM
Purple Belt

Re: See all changes to all datasets

Austin,

Great work using the change log. It can certainly be a big help in keeping track of changes to a dataflow and reverting as necessary. The visibility you're looking for isn't part of the activity log at this point. I imagine that your idea could get some good traction, though, in the Ideas Exchange here in Dojo. The product team monitors upvoted ideas closely to get a pulse on features that customers are requesting. Can I suggest that you add your idea there so it can get some good visibility?

View solution in original post

All Replies

Can anyone help out anafziger with their inquiry?

Solution
Accepted by topic author anafziger
‎02-08-2017 01:49 PM
Purple Belt

Austin,

Great work using the change log. It can certainly be a big help in keeping track of changes to a dataflow and reverting as necessary. The visibility you're looking for isn't part of the activity log at this point. I imagine that your idea could get some good traction, though, in the Ideas Exchange here in Dojo. The product team monitors upvoted ideas closely to get a pulse on features that customers are requesting. Can I suggest that you add your idea there so it can get some good visibility?

Announcements
Customize your Dojo Handle! You can update your Dojo screen name by clicking on My Settings. click here! Thanks!