Where to find Beast Mode documentation

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Where to find Beast Mode documentation

Where can I find documentation on functions in Beast Mode such as median()?  Median is not listed in the reference guide  .  Also, where can I find documentation for the SQL functions we can use in Beast Mode such as PERCENTILE_CONT?

Highlighted
Red Belt

Re: Where to find Beast Mode documentation

@riley_finn , there isn't documentation on the set of functions available.

you can see the list in the beast mode editor / creator. and most days of the week the functions will follow MySQL syntax.

Median can be enabled using a feature switch (talk to your CSM) but that may be why the function isn't appearing in the UI.

Regarding PERCENTILE_CONT, you're right, there are some undocumented functions.  For those it tends to be a little ... prayer and luck Smiley Tongue  you can use the syntax you see in Redshift or Vertica.  I suppose you could ask support, but usually I just look at Redshift or Vertica as a baseline.  but do check with your CSM to see if they can get you access to additional resources.

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Re: Where to find Beast Mode documentation

Thanks for the insight.  Median works, so I'm assuming my CSM enabled it.  However, median still does not appear in the UI, i.e., the drop-down selector in the Beast Mode UI.

Announcements
Coming Soon: Weekly Virtual User Meet-ups to answer all your questions! Stay tuned for more details to come this week.