Why does the percentage change calc in Beast mode show -100% all the time?

Highlighted
Visitor

Why does the percentage change calc in Beast mode show -100% all the time?

I have a beast mode calculation that calculates % change in sales but the result in domo is always -100%. Below is my bbeast mode code. Any ideas?

(((CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 END) - (CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE)-1 and MONTH(Target.`ForDate`) <= MONTH(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 end))/(CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE)-1 and MONTH(Target.`ForDate`) <= MONTH(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 end)) as PcntChangeSalesVsPY

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Re: Why does the percentage change calc in Beast mode show -100% all the time?

Resolved:

Depending on your data structure, I found that adding a "sum" in the calcuation fixed the issues; e.g Sum(y2/y1)

Hope that helps the next person.

All Replies
Red Belt

This probably has to do with the structure of your data set.  Keep in mind that beastmodes are only able to look at a single "row" of your data at a time.  Would you mind sharing a few sample rows of your data so that we can help troubleshoot?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Visitor

I have a sample in the screenshot I attached earlier does that help?

Steve

Visitor

Resolved:

Depending on your data structure, I found that adding a "sum" in the calcuation fixed the issues; e.g Sum(y2/y1)

Hope that helps the next person.

Announcements
Win free lodging at Domopalooza! We want to hear your Domo story, enter our Dojo contest and win up to four nights lodging at Domopalooza. Click here!