Bug Update: Filtering on Null Values

Orange Belt

Bug Update: Filtering on Null Values

Past May @SamEich posted a bug regarding Null values. Basically the filters you add to a Domo card are not able to filter on a null value. I ran into this problem several times and the bug still does not seem fixed. How could we know the status of this request and when it will be implemented? Should I contact Domo Support? Bugs like this should be addressed quickly.

Thanks! 

Dojo Admin

Re: Bug Update: Filtering on Null Values

@iresanjogar

I am following up with the product team on this. It's not really a bug as opposed to a feature enhancement.

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Bug-Filtering-on-Null-Values/idc-p/19067#M3639

If you had something else in mind please advise.

Thanks!

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
**You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
Yellow Belt

I haven't tested this, but I thought I saw this done with this value in the filter:

::empty::

Let me know if it works.

SEC Green Belt
Green Belt

I too am having a problem seeing what items fall into the null catagory in my data.  They are items that need to be fixed, but no transactions show so I can see what needs to be fixed.

Orange Belt

Currently what I do to identify the Null values in a dataset is to use the "IFNULL" BeastMode function within the creating of a card:

Numeric: IFNULL('column', 0)

Text: IFNULL('column', '0')

But these are extra steps that should be avoided since they slow down the process of analyzing the data and creating cards (besides you end up creating too many variables and the dataset becomes busy and confusing).

SEC Green Belt
Green Belt

Anything new on this topic?  I just had this come up for me again, and since there is no detail when you drill down on a null value, I'm not able to fix what caused it.

Dojo Admin

@btm @Dark_Knight

Can you guys chime in on this one?

Thanks
Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
**You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
White Belt

Came across the same issue. Would definitely be great if Domo would address this from a development standpoint. I had to workaround the issue by creating an ETL that replaced NULL values with a text value of 'NULL' which allowed me to filter on those NULL values.

Yellow Belt

This appears to still be a bug. Any updates?

Yellow Belt

I agree. Even if I wanted to only show NULLS in my report, I cannot. There's no way to recreate the "is null" and "is not null" from SQL.

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!