Calculated field in the Filter

Highlighted
White Belt

Calculated field in the Filter

no_of_weeks.

CASE

WHEN `JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE() and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+28 THEN '4 weeks'

WHEN `JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE() and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56 THEN '8 weeks'

END

I want two quick filters within 4 weeks and within 8 weeks. I created the above no_of_fields calculated field. And I am adding it under filter. 
The filter only shows me option of 4 weeks.
I am new to DOMO. Today is my second day building a card. Please guide. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Brown Belt

Re: Calculated field in the Filter

For the quick filter problem - is your date range in your card enough so that the 8 weeks will hit?

Another issue that may play a role down the road...your 8 weeks line may need to include "`JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE()+28 and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" vs just "`JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" because if you leave it the way you have it, week 8 may have too many values or if someone comes in behind you and alters your query so that 8 weeks line is first and 4 weeks is second in the order ...you'd see just 8 weeks vs 4 weeks.  

Hope that helps, if I'm wrong here anyone...please correct me. Smiley Happy

Matt

Please Like to thank.  

All Replies
Brown Belt

Re: Calculated field in the Filter

For the quick filter problem - is your date range in your card enough so that the 8 weeks will hit?

Another issue that may play a role down the road...your 8 weeks line may need to include "`JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE()+28 and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" vs just "`JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" because if you leave it the way you have it, week 8 may have too many values or if someone comes in behind you and alters your query so that 8 weeks line is first and 4 weeks is second in the order ...you'd see just 8 weeks vs 4 weeks.  

Hope that helps, if I'm wrong here anyone...please correct me. Smiley Happy

Matt

Please Like to thank.  

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!