Conditional formatting in pivot tables

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Conditional formatting in pivot tables

Hello folks, hope all is well!

I have 2 tricky questions:

1) is there a way to achieve conditional formating in pivot tables (I'm tracking daily/weekly/monthly changes so it would be beneficial to highlight the direction of change).

2) what would be the way to do calculations, e.g. June vs July = -5000 visitors, so to show that in separate column + red for negative, green for positive change; 

p.s. I know the standard tables allow a bit of HTML but don't think it applies to PIVOT tables?

Thank you in advance,

Sandis

Highlighted
Black Belt

I do not believe Pivot Tables support HTML formatting, so any conditional formatting would have to be applied via color rules in the UI.

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Thanks for the straight answer, will need to do calculations in SQL then, just worried the maintenance will grow into a big tripping area. 

Highlighted
Black Belt

I don't recommend doing your POP calcs in ETL as it will limit extensibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKNOmKClms&t=205s

Instead, my recommendation would be to stack the data as demonstrated in this tutorial.

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
How to build a card in Analyzer with a Current Year and Previous Year offset using #BeastModes in #Domo. ##### CONSULTING SERVICES #### I have left Domo to s...
Announcements
Domopalooza 2021 Call for Presenters: We want to hear how Domo is revolutionizing the way you do business!

Click here to submit your story.