Filter card with 'search' bar

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Filter card with 'search' bar

It would be great if there was a filter card with a search bar available. For example, when you use a card which shows the overal sales for a company with a link to the sales per customer. With a search function, users could easily find the customer they want to analyze without having to open the card in a new page to find a quick filter. This would at least help me and the users of my dashboard (and I hope many other users) a lot! 

Accepted Solutions
Major Blue Belt

Re: Filter card with 'search' bar

@Koen  yea that would make it hard to look for, we have a similar problem as we have a filter card that has 500 values but we sort it in alpha order to make it easier. If you have a way to group your customers then you could make 2 filter cards, one for type and one for customer. That way you would be dealing with less customer options after you filter by type. 

All Replies
Major Blue Belt

@Koen  why not just use a filter card to filter on the column customer ? Then when they select it on the page it will filter all the other cards. 

Yellow Belt

@Ashleigh thank you for your comment, but I am working with almost 300 customers. So, it is difficult to find a certain customer when using the card I think you mean. 

Major Blue Belt

@Koen  yea that would make it hard to look for, we have a similar problem as we have a filter card that has 500 values but we sort it in alpha order to make it easier. If you have a way to group your customers then you could make 2 filter cards, one for type and one for customer. That way you would be dealing with less customer options after you filter by type. 

Yellow Belt

@Ashleigh I have done that now. It makes the search somewhat easier, thanks! 

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!