Heatmap table with descriptive hover text

Highlighted
White Belt

Heatmap table with descriptive hover text

I have a heatmap table which shows a Red/Yellow/Green status by Solution, over time. The dataset also includes notes about the status e.g. 'had a great quarterly review'. I would like these notes to show up upon hover. Is there any way to accomplish this in a way that has a clean user experience?

Current setup:

Client Health Status.PNG

Right now clicking a box sends the user to a drilldown with the note. But that is an abysmal experience when you're a VP managing dozens of accounts. Those people just want to hover over the box and see some extra detail.

Accepted Solutions
Major Red Belt

Re: Heatmap table with descriptive hover text

Unfortunately there's not a way to have hover text that isn't included in the chart. This is actually a current idea 'Under Review' on the Ideas Exchange. 

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Multiple-Values-in-Hover-Over/idi-p/7023

If you haven't already, I would go ahead and upvote it. I think there are quite a few others who would find the beneficial.

Sincerely,
ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

All Replies
Major Red Belt

Unfortunately there's not a way to have hover text that isn't included in the chart. This is actually a current idea 'Under Review' on the Ideas Exchange. 

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Multiple-Values-in-Hover-Over/idi-p/7023

If you haven't already, I would go ahead and upvote it. I think there are quite a few others who would find the beneficial.

Sincerely,
ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

White Belt

It is amazing that this isnt a feature, and that the post requesting it is from 2015.

Announcements
Win free lodging at Domopalooza! We want to hear your Domo story, enter our Dojo contest and win up to four nights lodging at Domopalooza. Click here!