Percent change in summary number

Highlighted
Major Red Belt

Percent change in summary number

I have a case in which the customer is trying to get the percent change from month to month and this is the updated calculation that I created that works intermittently:

(SUM(CASE WHEN MONTH(`Date`) = MONTH(DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 1 MONTH)) THEN (`Cost`) END)
-
SUM(CASE WHEN MONTH(`Date`) = MONTH(DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 2 MONTH)) THEN (`Cost`) END))
/
SUM(CASE WHEN MONTH(`Date`) = MONTH(DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 2 MONTH)) THEN (`Cost`) END)

This will work if selecting All Time or Last Year in the Date Grain, but if I move it to the Last 7 months (the original set up in the card), it breaks. Any ideas?

Brett

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Accepted Solutions
Green Belt

Re: Percent change in summary number

The linked card does not have data past Feb. the Beast Mode is looking for data 1 and 2months ago (currently March and April). 

Thanks!

I work for Domo.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

All Replies
Green Belt

Re: Percent change in summary number

The linked card does not have data past Feb. the Beast Mode is looking for data 1 and 2months ago (currently March and April). 

Thanks!

I work for Domo.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Announcements
We want your feedback to improve the Dojo Community! If you are coming to the Dojo Award Ceremony next week Click here to learn more!