Pie Chart not showing data

Green Belt

Pie Chart not showing data

I have a pie chart that shows 6 things in the legend. For some reason it only shows 4 out of those 6 things because 2 of the topics are unclicked. When in analyzer I click them to show all the data but for some reason everytime I come back to the card they are uncliked and the data will not show unless I manually click them. Anyone else have an issue like this? 

Accepted Solutions
Green Belt

Re: Pie Chart not showing data

So the issue is acutally fixed now! I messaged domo support about the card and they went in and fixed it, they said that the issue was because the card was having trouble saving. I was pressing save but sometimes the cards get stuck in a bad state causing it not to save correctly. 

All Replies
Red Belt
Red Belt

Hi again @Ashleigh

I have seen similar problems but not this specific issue.  I think it has to do with the browser caching some filters.  Do you see the same problem when you restart your browser and/or force refresh (ctrl+F5) the page?

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Green Belt

Yes the problem is still there when I refresh or restart thr browser. i added another type as well and now that one shows but the new one does not. It seems that the last type never shows. 

Visitor

I am facing the exact same issue. Do we have any solution to this ?

Yellow Belt

Are you able to show us your screenshots??

It sounds like you didnt save your configurations.

LMK

Visitor

By default it is showing 3 categories in the pie chart and one of the categories is always unselected. I can go ahead and select the unselected category and then the data appears. But again when I open the card the data gets unselected, and is just for one category.

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

@user06465

I think you unselected the fields within your setting. You can check the colors in the labels by comparing two graphs. The missing field has different color in both graphs and other fields have same and consistent colors.

Here is the solution:

1. go to Analyzer

2. select the missing field and make sure you have 4 groups as indicated in your cases

3. Save!! <- important step

LMK

Visitor

Thats the issue, the moment I am saving the 4th category gets automatically deselected.

Is there some issue using calculated field with pie chart ? As in my case the category field is a calaculated one

Yellow Belt

Shouldnt be any issues.

LMK if you have any

Green Belt

There is no issue with my settings. The item is selected and has a color setting. 

I attached a picture of the card in analyzer and the color settings. As you can see the item Professional Development is unselected, if I select it and save, even when I refresh the card the setting is not applied and it is still deselected. 

Announcements
Call for Presenters! We want to hear your Domo story, submit your entry and win a free pass to Domopalooza 2019!. Click here!