Setting a Default Data Set Within a Page Filter

Visitor

Setting a Default Data Set Within a Page Filter

So I tend to use page filters (am just now upgrading to interactive filters - yay) but also have found that less knowledgeable users have issues setting a default dataset.  I have about 2-3 datasets that show within there, so the question becomes - is there a way to always default to the same dataset?  90% of the time the page filters only need to affect 1 of the datasets.  

Tags (1)
Orange Belt

Re: Setting a Default Data Set Within a Page Filter

Hi jmadden6,

That's a great question. The current functionality of page filters don't have the functionality to choose which dataset to set as a default. That is a great example of feedback for the Domo Development team. I would highly suggest submitting Product Feedback in your instance. All feedback is sent and reviewed by their development team for possible implementation and future road mapping. Here is a link to Domo's FAQ concerning Enhancement Request processing, and how to submit feedback inside of Domo: https://knowledge.domo.com?cid=faqs

Here's a little more information about page filters as well, if you need more detail.

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=pageanalyzer

Jarvis

Highlighted
Purple Belt

Re: Setting a Default Data Set Within a Page Filter

Hi Jarvis, page filters are a big pet peeve of mine (3 out of 10 stars). 

Page owners should be able to do the following:

• simple drop down at the top of the page where they can configure one or more datasets that the field applies to
  • ability to lock page filters to the page (kind of how the company page settings work where owner filters are first, followed by user filters)
  • ability to rename the page filter (rather than the field name, add a friendly name)
  • ability to turn on page filters by default or have them always on
  • ability to turn on interaction filters by default or have them always on
  • ability to turn off the display of the dataset name
  • ability to turn off the minimized page filter bar (always show it)
  • ability to save any page filter to the page automatically

Participants should also be able to add their own page filters in a desktop browser.

Most of my users honestly need 30-60 minutes to grasp how to use page filters today – and that is simply too much.  It is also clunky. 

Participants have a lot of struggles comprehending and understanding the following with page filters (on desktop):

• Turning on page filters
  • Unhiding the page filter bar
  • Selecting the dataset
  • Box to check at the bottom to apply it to all datasets
  • Saving the page filters to the dataset

Some of the slicer tools can do things a bit better, but all I want is a simple drop down for a region or store that users cannot get confused on.  The only want I can do it today is to build an app in illustrator that will only work with other widgets in the same app.

Thanks,

Josh

Announcements
September release notes Check out the details of our latest product release. Click here!