Table Card Total Rows Incorrect

Purple Belt

Re: Table Card Total Rows Incorrect

The total row is just completing whichever calculation you give it on an aggregate level. So when you have sum(staffing_level) / count(distinct ifnull(empID,1)), your total row is doing 4+4+4+6+6+6+2 = 32 / 7 = 4.57.

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
Highlighted
Purple Belt

This is why in one of my first posts I mentioned you may want to create an "All Corporate" department, which has the totals already calculated. You can then put together a table like the attached image using MAX(staffing_level) and MAX(no_employees) as your two fields.

Hope this helps,

Brian

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
Green Belt

It is important that the totals remain calculated on the fly due to PDP policies and applying card filters.  I was able to create the card with the correct totals and the drill down functionality by editing my dataflow to stage the data differently so I could sum all of the fields.

Thank you all for the feedback and ideas.  I love to use the Dojo as a sounding board when I get stuck!

Dojo Admin

@cwolman,

Can you make the replies that best helped you by clicking on Accept as Solution so others can benefit from this thread.

Love the collaboration! NIce work @Property_Ninja and @ST_-Superman-_!

Regards,

Dani

Dojo Admin
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Green Belt

I marked solutions by both @Property_Ninja and @ST_-Superman-_ as they both helped me in arriving at the final solution. 

Thanks again.

Dojo Admin

Thank you!

Dani

Dojo Admin
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Announcements
Call for Presenters! We want to hear your Domo story, submit your entry and win a free pass to Domopalooza 2019!. Click here!