Use Gauge : Target + comparison

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Use Gauge : Target + comparison

Hi all,

I am using the Gauge to show my sales results.

But I want to show both a target point and compare it to last month.

Normally the line from previous month is the targetpoint but I want to adjust this.

Is this in any way possible? I also looked at the Comparative Fill Gauge but doesn't seem like the way to go.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Green Belt

I've had success with the Filled Gauge chart type since there is a Target Value field you can use.  

• To show last month's sales, use the date options in the card to select "Previous Month" as the timeframe (note that this will only work if you have a Date/Time field in your dataset). Then put your sales field in the "Gauge Values" spot
  • To set a manual target, I usually create a Beast Mode with an average function around the value I want. If my goal is 13, I will enter "AVG(13)" in the Beast Mode to avoid aggregation issues. Then I drag the Beast Mode into the "Target Values" spot. Then it will show the target you set in grey.

Gauge Target.PNG

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Thank you for your reply @MichelleH 

I think you might have misunderstood me (or I did).

I attached an image of what I am trying to accomplish.

So although I have 48 sales compared to 54 last month my target is 45. 

But with the normal gauge I cant compare to last month.

And with the period over period gauge I cant set a target point.

Hopefully it's more clear now 🙂

Highlighted
Green Belt

I see, you're looking for a month over month comparison with a target? You can try a Comparative Fill Gauge (Basic) chart like this:

Comparative Fill Gauge.PNG

This chart type doesn't seem to like aggregate Beast Mode calculations when I tried it, so it may require an ETL to summarize the data into a single line.

Announcements
Domopalooza 2021 Call for Presenters: We want to hear how Domo is revolutionizing the way you do business!

Click here to submit your story.