Weighted Averages of Summary Data

Visitor

Weighted Averages of Summary Data

Hello!

I am trying to create a pretty simple bar chart visualization based off of sumarry data but with numerous filters. The summary data that looks something like this, where I'm charting the average of X-Y average : 

XYNX-Y Average
00100050%
0190060%
0250070%
0330070%
0430070%
0530070%
0610080%
0710080%
0810080%

88100050%

The issue I'm having is that the card itself is showing data averaged over X and Y (which is what I want) with quick filters for X and Y so that I can drill down into the data. However, unless the data is drilled down to a single X-Y combo the visualization is an unweighted average. Is there a way to plot the weighted average? I know I could create a weighted average but I can't see how that would work if someone wanted to filter the data down.

Thanks!

Yellow Belt

Re: Weighted Averages of Summary Data

I think what you are wanting will need to be created in beast mode. That way the weighted average beast mode calculation would change based on what is filtered.

Black Belt

Re: Weighted Averages of Summary Data

I think it would be something along the lines of...

sum(`N` * `X-Y Average`) / sum(`N`)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Announcements
Looking for the latest Community solutions? Please visit our accepted solutions board here!