Y-Axis Starting at too high a value

Yellow Belt

Y-Axis Starting at too high a value

I have a card that is a mix of stacked bar and line. The stacked bar and two lines are on the primary axis while the final line is on the secondary. The issue I am running into is that the y-axis scale is way to large consistently. It is currently starting at a value of 50 billion and the max value of any data point is 15 billion. I know there is a way to set a max value, but if I set the max value to say 15 billion if I then apply a quick filter which is common practice for this card, I end up with a scale that reaches 15 billion even though my actual values shrink (scale does not dynamically update). Question: Is it possible to update the primary y-axis scale so it does not go so far above my actual values and still have it dynamically update when I apply filters?

Thanks,

Adam 

Purple Belt

Re: Y-Axis Starting at too high a value

Hi 

I tried the same thing just now and got a similar result. I think the stacked plus bar style must have a bug in it.

If you chosse grouped plus bar, which will look the same in your case, the graph will look the way you need it to.

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Re: Y-Axis Starting at too high a value

Hi,

I agree that it must be some sort of bug with the line + stacked bar visual type. I tried to change it over to the group bar, but it does not get me the same result that I need. I have two series that make up the stacked bar and if I change to a grouped bar the visual shows a grouped bar instead of stacked. I also tried using the line + group and stacked bar and adjusting everything to stack these two values and group none of them and the Y-axis still starts at the $50 billion level.   

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!