what to put in x, Y axis and series in Line +Grouped Bar ?

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

what to put in x, Y axis and series in Line +Grouped Bar ?

I am trying to display three simple values on this graph. 

need to see Forcasted value + Actual Value = Grouped Bar.

Line - I want to see how many orders each month.

So I did try to use this graph, it messed up all my data. I see values have been increased immensly.

Please if someone can explain how I can dispaly these on the graph, will be great help.

Accepted Solutions
Black Belt

Re: what to put in x, Y axis and series in Line +Grouped Bar ?

Hi @Techy007 

Use a date column for your x-axis and set the card to dysplay by month... 

on the Y-axis use the value you want to display as a line which would be in your case the number of orders

the second value to add  is your forecast value and the third one your actual value , add these 2 to the series section

then in the chart properties section / General  where it says "series on left scale" put a 1

this will make your line be on the left scale and the 2nd and 3rd value show up as bars and on the right scale.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

View solution in original post

All Replies
Black Belt

Hi @Techy007 

Use a date column for your x-axis and set the card to dysplay by month... 

on the Y-axis use the value you want to display as a line which would be in your case the number of orders

the second value to add  is your forecast value and the third one your actual value , add these 2 to the series section

then in the chart properties section / General  where it says "series on left scale" put a 1

this will make your line be on the left scale and the 2nd and 3rd value show up as bars and on the right scale.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

View solution in original post

Yellow Belt

worked. But now I am trying to display the x axis in monthly manner. And when I club with Fiscal calendar it screws up all my Revenue and Amount value. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong on logic end.

My data flows whoch shows correct data- which is weekly wise.

Revenue Plan Inner join with Amount table= this produce correct data( data 3)

I further plugged Fiscal calendar as soon I Right join to the data 3, it shoots my revenue and amount value multiplied into 3.

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!