Can't pull in JSON from S3 connector

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Can't pull in JSON from S3 connector

I'm trying to pull in a few json files from the S3 connector and one of the files throws up this error:

Failed parsing JSON source: JsonReader at line 1 column 24976613 to Json

The other two json files ran successfully and are very similar to the one that isn't pulling. I'm unsure on how to troubleshoot this.

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Major Red Belt

Hi @user14700 

Have you tried downloading your file manually and then using an online JSON parser to see if there's a formatting issue with your file?

**Was this post helpful? Click the heart icon**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Haven't thought of that, i'll give that a try right now!

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

I tried an online JSON parser and it was formatted correctly so I don't think there's an issue there. Is there a limit how many rows I can pull in? It's around 437k rows with only like 5 columns.

Highlighted
Black Belt

maybe try uploading a subset of the data?

do you have clean key-value pairs, or do your values occasionally contain arrays? 

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Just tried uploading it with different sizes. I'm starting to think there is a cap because I uploaded 3/4 the size and it worked normally but when I removed a few dozen rows, I get the same error. It also says Updated:Invalid date on the top however there's no date field in the JSON file.

Highlighted
Major Red Belt

The other test you can do is test the final 1/4 in a separate file to confirm is a size issue and not a record formatting issue in the file.

**Was this post helpful? Click the heart icon**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
Announcements
Domopalooza 2021 Call for Presenters: We want to hear how Domo is revolutionizing the way you do business!

Click here to submit your story.