Facebook Advanced - Page Post Video Daily Metrics

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Facebook Advanced - Page Post Video Daily Metrics

Does anyone know how I can pull all the daily metrics for every video I've ever posted on Facebook? Am I looking at the wrong API? I'm currently using the Facebook Advanced connector and the Page Post Video Daily Metrics API.

For example, YouTube has 2 sets of parameters: A Start and End Date for when videos are published and a Start and End Date for Daily Insights for the published videos. Facebook only has 1 set of parameters: a Start and End Date which control both Published Posting Date and the Daily Insights for those published posts.

The issues I am running into is

1. Facebook only allows for the equivalent of 1 or 2 Quarters per call.
  2. When I enter in the parameter 1/1/2020-3/31/2020 (Q1 2020), I am only getting videos posted in this timeframe and all the daily insights between this timeframe for these published posts. I want to be able to collect insights in these timeframes even if the Facebook post is from 2019. The reason is sometimes I have a video go viral months or years later.

The screenshot is Facebook Advanced Page Post Video Daily Metrics vs YouTube Advanced Basic User Activity API.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Major Brown Belt

Hi @user019875 ,

You'd likely need to write a custom connector (or a custom script utilizing the Facebook SDK and the Domo SDK) to pull the data how you want to out of the facebook API.

**Was this post helpful? Click the heart icon**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
Announcements
Stand out in the Dojo: Choose your own recognizable username and add a unique profile photo in your profile settings.