URI Encode

Highlighted
Orange Belt

URI Encode

I am building a new connector and need to URI encode data.  I have tried DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(***) but this does not seem to work. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Orange Belt

I have used escape() this appears to encode the special characters OK.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Black Belt

what's not working?

can you post your code, sample input, actual output, and expected output?

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Orange Belt

Hi,

In PS I can use:

$creds = 'username=' +
([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlDecode($username))) +
'&password=' +
([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlDecode($password)))

and use this to authenticate against the API and in DOMO I am trying to use

var creds = "username=" + DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Username) + "&password="+ DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Password);

but this fails using the same credentials.

Thanks

Highlighted
Black Belt

Sure... but Simon what's failing?

var creds = "username=" + DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Username) + "&password="+ DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Password);

when you DOMO.log() the resulting string what result do you get?

when you DOMO.log() the individual parts from the metadata object, are you returning a result, i.e. is the case correct blah blah?

when you DOMO.log() the b64encode method do you get a properly encoded string or does the method fail?

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Orange Belt

hi, Its failing to authenticate, it doesn't recognise the username and/or password as valid.  I have ensured they are both exactly the same and being posted to exactly the same URL but it fails in DOMO. I think the only issue could be the encoding but Im not sure if DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode=URIEncoding.

Highlighted
Black Belt

which api? b/c afaik after authentication, you should only use access tokens ...

Jae Wilson

Highlighted
Orange Belt

Hi, This is a new one I'm setting up, it uses username & password to then get a session token.  i have written various APIs that don't use a access token.  Encoding always seems to be a issue in DOMO.

Highlighted
Orange Belt

I have used escape() this appears to encode the special characters OK.

View solution in original post

Announcements
Domopalooza 2021 Call for Presenters: We want to hear how Domo is revolutionizing the way you do business!

Click here to submit your story.