Copying dataset pdp settings

Yellow Belt

Hi @Randyb , can you provide some more information on how you accomplished this using the Excel plugin?  I've got a massive PDP update project I need to undertake, and this sounds like a great option for us.  Are you exporting a specific dataset into Excel then re-uploading with changes, or something else?

Thanks!

-Russell 

Green Belt

@rhollander There are a couple of ways you can do this, you can download the excel plugin which then allows you to pull the data down along with the different PDP profiles. You can then build essentially a user list for a specific PDPPolicy and upload it.

Its been awhile since I've had to use it but it does make large scale PDP policy setups fairly easy.
If you need to make changes that don't involve creating PDP policies you can also pull down the entire user list from DOMO in excel format and update access etc in the sheet and then re upload that in bulk. Another quick way to reassign access to entire pages etc.

Randy
Black Belt

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Personalized_Data_Permissions_(PDP)/PDP_Policy_Autocreation

@rhollander , take a look at this utility, may help you automate the process

Jae Wilson
Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Announcements
New & Improved Dojo: Get excited for a new feel and additional features in the online community.

Site will be down February 4-5th for maintenance.

Launch coming February 8th!