Is there any way to connect to an FTP/SFTP server in a custom connector?

Highlighted
Visitor

Is there any way to connect to an FTP/SFTP server in a custom connector?

I am building a custom connector, and the API call to get the data I need will not return the data over HTTP, but instead generates a csv file that is placed on an external SFTP server. I know JavaScript does not have functionality to work with SFTP, but as this is using the Nashorn engine, I believe it should theoretically be possible to use Java classes to accomplish this, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help finding a way to connect to this SFTP server and upload the csv file to Domo from the custom connector would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yellow Belt

Re: Is there any way to connect to an FTP/SFTP server in a custom connector?

Is anyone able to help out with this request?

Yellow Belt

@user06053 Not sure about exactly how to set up your custom connector, but if you're able to get the file deposited in an SFTP server, you could use the CSV-SFTP Connector to pull the file into Domo.

Visitor

@Jaketh13 Thanks for the response, and I had considered this as a solution. Unfortunately that won't quite work for two reasons:

1. The file is actually a csv in a compressed .zip folder.

2. The file does not always have the same name, and I get the file name from the response to the http request placed in the custom connector.

White Belt

User06053,

Not sure if you figured this out, but the CSV Advanced should solve your problems.

Warm regards,

MH

Announcements
New to Dojo Please update your Dojo handle and personal settings. Click here!