Bug in Sumocard: date grain sorting... Sorting on date grain not working anymore..Can someone help?

Highlighted
White Belt

Bug in Sumocard: date grain sorting... Sorting on date grain not working anymore..Can someone help?

Bug in Sumo card: date grain sorting... Sorting on date grain not working anymore..Can someone help? its urgent

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Major Brown Belt

Re: Bug in Sumocard: date grain sorting... Sorting on date grain not working anymore..Can someone he

Here's the workaround we came up with for quarterly grain to come through in order:

In ETL -

Use datepart function to isolate year and quarter. 

Combine year and quarter columns with Q as the character separating the values.  

Because this results in a text output, it will sort properly by default.  

Of course - we will all be thrilled when the official fix is deployed, but this can help anyone in an immediate bind.  

DataMaven
Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
Check out my story!
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

All Replies
Major Brown Belt

Re: Bug in Sumocard: date grain sorting... Sorting on date grain not working anymore..Can someone he

Hello user09879,

If you believe that you are experiencing a bug within Domo, I would advise that you get in touch with your Domo account team for support. Make sure to include the link to your card, and also any errors you are seeing.

Thanks!

Jarvis

White Belt

This is communicated to domo technical team as didnt receive any quick response here.. thanks for your reply.

Major Brown Belt

Your post doesn't really give enough information to hazard a solution.  If you don't quickly get a solution from support, perhaps you can post some screenshots or more information about the issue you are facing.  

One thing that comes up a LOT is date format.  So - First thing is to make sure the date field is in date format.  If it was working before and suddenly isn't, it could be a format change from an iterative update or something. 

DataMaven
Check out my story!
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Yellow Belt

I am having the same problem. I can sort dates, text, numbers, etc. But if I use a date grain I am unable to sort.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 12.37.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-20 at 12.37.18 PM.png

Major Brown Belt

Is the field you're trying to sort in Date format or Text format?

DataMaven
Check out my story!
White Belt

I'm having the same problem. I added a date grain to view by quarter but the quarters aren't in order. I'm sorting the rows by Total Commissionable Sale. I just want the date columns to be in order.

Major Brown Belt

Sort by Date then Sales.  If that doesn't work, do the opposite. 

DataMaven
Check out my story!
White Belt

I've tried both. Didn't work. Any other ideas? 

Major Brown Belt

I can webex with you this afternoon and explore it with you, if you'd like.  What time zone are you in?

DataMaven
Check out my story!
Announcements
Looking for the latest Community solutions? Please visit our accepted solutions board here!